So now August has come to a close and we're into September. First, let's talk about what happened in August, so then I can talk about what's going to happen, because I've had another, I guess you could say 'shift in perspective'.
WHAT HAPPENED IN AUGUST
First of all, I published three novels and a collection!
On a small side note, I am just so thrilled to finally have Demoness III out. I really hope you like this one. I feel pretty good about how it came out.
Secondly, I put up some more free short stories!
- DEMONESS - FUN IN THE FOREST (A free short story that takes place between DEMONESS II & III.)
- FANTASY COME TRUE (A free short that takes place after the end of Hellcats. Ryan reconnects with his first crush.)
- A NEW EXPERIENCE (Takes place long before Royal Lust. Ellie and Lena have their first girl-on-girl experience.)
- BACK FOR MORE (Takes place after the Hellcats Trilogy, Ryan and the others go back to their favorite vacation spot and he hooks back up with Becca the bartender.)
- ROUGH STUFF (Another prequel to Royal Lust. Lena asks Ellie to try a new kind of sex with her.)
- PREGNANT IS HOT (Takes place after the Hellcats Trilogy. Ryan has a fling with a pregnant married woman.)
- ALL NATURAL (Takes place after the end of the Wanderlust series. Owyn gets seduced and fucked by Vivian, the Goddess of Nature.)
Please take note of that first one, because while all the others were already written at some point over the last few years, the Demoness short is brand new, and it adds additional content to the Demoness series!
I would also like to point out that as a little experiment, I posted that short story to SMASHWORDS. The price I set is 'Choose Your Own Price', so you can get it for free, or you can throw a few more dollars at me. I kind of did this as a way to give another option for people who want to go above and beyond and help me out financially, but honestly, if you grab it for free, I won't mind at all.
Thirdly, I added more titles to The Misty Vixen Library over on Patreon.
- AMAZONIAN'S LOVE: (Plain Text | Kindle & PDF)
- DEMONESS III (Plain Text | Kindle & PDF)
- ADVENTUROUS (Plain Text | Kindle & PDF)
- HELLCATS (Plain Text | Kindle & PDF)
- HELLCATS 2 (Plain Text | Kindle & PDF)
I managed to get ALMOST all of the links updated. With the exception of one single link, which is, for some reason, Women of the Wild: The Dryad on Kobo. The Wanderlust series took awhile to show up there as well, so it should be there before too long. But I doubt anyone is dying to get Women of the Wild on Kobo.
I think that about covers everything. Let's talk about what I intend to do in September, and some of the changes I've made at large.
THINGS I'M GOING TO DO IN SEPTEMBER
Firstly, I am going to release, for sure, two novels. ADVENTUROUS and PARANORMAL PASSIONS. And, in fact, I already have released Adventurous! You can get it right HERE for 2.99$! I'll release a more full blog post on that soon. Paranormal Passions will drop the 15th.
Secondly, I'll be releasing more short stories. I've decided to release them on Mondays and Thursdays. Now, among those short stories, I'm going to try release two more Demoness shorts that take place between Demoness III & IV. One of them features a cameo from another novel!
Thirdly, I'll be adding four more titles to The Misty Vixen Patreon Library.
- HELLCATS 3
- HELLCATS: THE COMPLETE TRILOGY
- PARANORMAL PASSIONS
- PARANORMAL PASSIONS 2
That's the stuff I'm fairly confident about, let's get into murkier waters.
I have begun working on Parasexual 2. I have it fully planned out and I'm about 1/5 of the way done right now. I'll say now that it is my intent to have Parasexual 2 published by the end of this month. If all goes well, that should definitely be within the realm of possibility. However, given how things have been going this year, I feel confident that something will go wrong this month and fuck up my schedule. If (or, let's be honest, when,) that happens, I'll almost certainly be able to publish it next month.
Now, for the big changes.
First of all, I am not going to be writing Women of the Wild II this year. I'm doing this for a few reasons, but mainly the reason is that I'm thinking it's not a great idea to have two stories in the same universe going on at the same time. The reason for that is because it's a good way to get burned out. Another reason for that is that I began trying to work on Women of the Wild II and it just didn't feel right. I don't quite know how else to describe it. A third reason I'm doing this is because I feel like my head, and my schedule, are too cluttered right now.
One of the things I didn't really realize that I enjoyed about my writing career was that I didn't really feel like I was falling behind schedule, unless I missed a few days or took a week off. But that was a small, obvious, easy behind schedule. It was pretty simple: I was working on a season of something, and I'd have another season of something else in the wings, and wouldn't think too far beyond that. I mean, I had plans, but I didn't quite obsess over them or anything. But now, I have a shitload of stuff kind of just clogging up my head. Suddenly, I've committed to re-releasing stuff and expanding stuff.
I need to prepare like 12 novels for re-release. Which, admittedly, won't take a LOT of time, but I can't just release them when they're done.
I need to expand Desire so that it reaches at least some kind of minimum standard length for a novel.
I need to write Sex & Survival 4.
I need to rewrite Alien Harem.
This stuff takes time and energy, and that, combined with stuff that just keeps cropping up in my real life, basically means that my work ethic is shit. Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining. I guess I am, but I'd rather whine the truth than try to bullshit you or even just stonewall everyone like some people do.
So, long story short, I'm going to try and focus on A) Rebuilding my work ethic and B) Finish off these projects, over the course of the rest of 2018. I don't think I can do ALL of these things, as well as a few other things I want to do, but I'm fairly confident that I can polish off a decent amount of it.
Okay, final part of this month's update. Here is the list of things I intend to try and do by the time we hit 2019. The first one is big and I've never mentioned it before.
- EXPANDING DEMONESS. Yes, this is something that's been on my mind for a little while now. It's obvious that Demoness is my primary series right now, and probably will be for a while to come. It's also obvious that if I want to be more successful, I need to market Demoness. And it is only logical to really market the first book in the series. Unfortunately, Demoness is too short to be marketed by the most successful and biggest marketing places. I.e. Bookbub. On top of that, a lot of reviews/comments I've gotten, even good ones, lament how short the book is. At the time, I thought I was just writing another novella. I didn't realize that it would be the first book in a lengthy series. But here we are. I have an idea to expand the book an appreciable amount. Obviously, I imagine people who already purchased it are wondering about how they will get this updated version. The good news is it's fairly easy and you won't have to spend any more money. I'll explain more when I do the actual release. As for the paperback version? Well...I can't update that digitally, unfortunately. I guess the best I'll be able to do there is temporarily lower the price of the paperback. I can probably afford to shave off 2$, so if you want to pick up the expanded edition, it will at least be cheaper. Sorry I can't do better than that.
- EXPANDING DESIRE & RE-RELEASING THAT SERIES. So, I'm in the process of expanding Desire right now. There will be somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 words of extra scenes added in. After that I'll be re-releasing Seasons 1 - 3, making Desire a four part series. I'm honestly no longer sure if I'm going to do Desire 5. I mean, I have an idea, but it's not a very compelling one. I feel like I've probably done all I want to with that series. I may feel differently in the future, but the more I think about it, the more it feels right to let it rest. I'll publishing Desire 1 - 4 over the course of November and December.
- RE-RELEASE PARANORMAL PASSIONS. This one is simple, just a basic re-release of the Paranormal Passions series. These will be released this month and next month. No new content, nothing special.
- SEX & SURVIVAL 4. Due to the way my schedule falls, Sex & Survival will not be re-released until early 2019, over the course of January and February. However, I will try to write Sex & Survival 4 this year so that it'll be ready to go. I'm positive that four novels will be as far as Sex & Survival goes. Mainly I want to get this one written and out of the way because it really sets the stage for my next big series in that universe: Haven. Which I'm really excited for.
- FREE SHORTS. Right now, I have five more short stories ready to release. On top of that, as I mentioned above, I plan on writing and releasing two more shorts that take place between Demoness III & IV. I'm still figuring out if I'll be removing any of the bonus content from as-yet-re-released titles because they screw with the pacing. There might be some more free shorts from Paranormal Passions, Desire, Sex & Survival, and Lust & Adventure.
- LUST & ADVENTURE. So, I'll be preparing Lust & Adventure for re-release in 2019. Nothing's really going to change there, but I'll need more time to figure out if I'm going to continue that series. I have an idea and there's a lot of potential there, but my main focuses in that universe are Demoness & Women of the Wild.
- KYRA'S GAME. This is that incest-themed free story I was talking about. Production has unfortunately stalled on this, but I really do want to write and release this in 2018, and I intend to.
- ALIEN HAREM. I honestly don't think I'll get to this in 2018. I'm probably going to wait until I wrap up Parasexual, and I'm no longer even sure when that's going to be. That series might go on for a little while. But I mentioned it earlier so I thought I'd elaborate on it a bit. I intend to have it be a four-novel series.
- PARASEXUAL & DEMONESS. These are to be my two main focuses for the rest of 2018. I fully intend to get Demoness IV out this year, and at the very least Parasexual 2 & 3, possibly even 4, but we'll see.
And that's about it. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, it's just that it's been a rough fucking year for me and I'm kind of grappling with a few things behind the scenes in real life as well. I'll keep trying to do the best I can to get more content out quickly.